The D.J. and E.M. Sawyer Store was built in 1896. The store sold general merchandise and also parts and supplies for ships. The building still stands and is the present home of the Jonesport Historical Society.
These 2 photos show the interior of the Sawyer Store back in the early 1900s. The store sold general merchandise and also parts and supplies for ships. The Customs Office was located on the 2nd floor of the building.
The Jonesport Branch of the Pittsfield Bank was also located in the Sawyer Store. Simeon Sawyer, son of E.M. Sawyer, was the banker. He can be seen in this photo.